Monday, March 28, 2005

Family visit time went okay. It was nice to see my mother. She brought me a chocolate Easter bunny and the latest issue of Kickboxing Illustrated. When I mentioned that Pat O'Brien had entered the program she got all excited.

"Ooo, I loved his work with Jimmy Cagney!"

Bobby Brown and the rest of Whitney Houston's entourage showed up. I told Bobby I was a big fan of "Candy Girl." He thanked me, then asked if I was a "homo."

I walked away slowly.

The only person to show up for Pat O'Brien was his personal assistant, a well-dressed African-American man named Alan. He looked obligated to be there. I wouldn't want his job for anything.

"Hey 'Flo'," Pat O'Brien yelled across the room. "Lookey here," he said, pointing to Alan, "I have a monkey assistant, too."

Silence followed. Tense, uncomfortable silence, puctuated only by the sound of "Flo's" respirator.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

I don't know which is better: kickboxing magazines or Pat O'Brien.

Fucking brilliant blog!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home